• Announcements

ZeroByDivide

Recent update and item sell prices

Question

I know that @Maya has already mentioned this in the previous topic, but I'm creating another topic for this, as this is a critical issue. This is more important than people might assume.

Before the recent update to 1.15.6, level 1 materials were sold at 100 metals, and level 2 materials were sold at 250 metals. Now they are both sold at 5 metals. This is a 98% price decrement of the level 2 materials.

This is ridiculous. This is the Nexon type of major modification of the game which may lead to losing players.

I can propose 3 main reasons why this change should be reverted back.

Firstly, "the warp zone is a good source of income for metals". Yes, it is. It is a good source of income when you can gain at least 500 shards. That is when you max out most (not all) of the titans. To max out titans? You need a tremendous amount of metals. For example, going from rank 9 to 10 requires 58000 metals. So well, I can earn a lot of metals after maxing out my titans right? Huh? What are the metals even for after maxing out my titans? I have no idea. This is contradicting. (Probs for the hacks but people prefer to use gems to help the whole alliance.) - To add to this, the crafting of equipments are not even balanced. A level 8 Weapon/Armour/Chip requires 1500×3+2000+4000=10500 metals to craft, whereas a level 7 of those cost 3000 metals, and level 8 Engine/Battery cost only 3000 as well. 

Secondly, the drop rate of higher tier items (level 3 or higher) are extremely low. 10%? 20%? Well, I don't know. I can't seem to get a level 4 item without spending at least 50 A.I. Subroutines and doing 30 runs. Because of this, I used to always pick the levels which gives a high-tier item or a level 2 item (instead of level 1's). It seemed like a trade off for the low droprate; since both metals (a lot) and items are needed to craft equipments. Now that this is pointless, I don't see any motivation trying to farm and upgrade my Titans. 

Thirdly, this makes the game more pay-to-win Nexon plz. I always used those level 2 items as emergency fund when I needed to buy something from the trader. Now that this is not possible, players are forced to use gems when running out of metals. This will happen even from the early-game. What happens when players realise that they need to pay to win too early? They quit before they even start enjoying the game. 

If this change was done to prevent the "exploit" with the level 2 items and the trader (buying a level 2 equip with -30% for 175 and selling for 250), I'd say this is a very stupid approach. Since the trader only sells one of each item, the income from the so-called "exploit" is 75 metals. What a great exploit. Just increase the buy-price of the item to 358 metals or higher, and the problem is solved.

I'm seconds away from quitting after this modification. I hope to get a reply from the developers. 

1 person likes this

6 answers to this question

It's only been 5 minutes since the post, and it says too much time passed to edit the post lol.

To add to my second point, now I have to farm the metals and items separately and slowly and painfully (not like I didn't have to farm for extra metals separately before however; the amount of metals needed are just too much that on top of selling the items I needed to do 2~3 godly lucky runs of the Warp Zone). I'm losing motivation to upgrade my Titans. You need to upgrade your Titans to win in the Arena? Well don't play the Arena then. What is there to do if you're not gonna play the Arena? Welp don't play the game then. GG.

1 person likes this

I cannot see how this change will "help the game in the long run".  What is does is make it a very slow process to upgrade your Titans and Bots.  This leads to the game itself slowing down, and becoming a lot less fun to play.  The only way to make a decent amount of metal now is to use the warp zone, again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again.

Since the Warp Zone is the same levels again and again and again, it comes down to this.  BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope this change is reversed, if not quite frankly I will not be playing much longer.  I play these games to have fun, I do not play them to grind out the same levels 50 or so times so I can upgrade one component on my Titan.

Maya

1 person likes this

If @KEEF is saying that the items are underpriced temporarily to rebalance the "broken" economy, that is absurd. Well, if it is a temporary fix, all we have to do is just wait until the price goes back up? That is just next level stupidity. It will just lose existing players and new players who happen to join during the crisis. 

If the change is permanent, well, i hope the "long run" of around 10~20 active players benefits you more than the current number of players. 

If you really want to keep the game alive, and want to keep it going for a long time, this isn't the solution. Look at what other online games do when they want to keep the game alive. THEY CREATE NEW CONTENT not destroy the current system to slow down the overall process to reach the end of current content. I'm sorry but I really need to say ffs at this point. Say if a game has a max level of 100. When people seem to reach this limit quite faster than expected, what do those long-living games do? Decrease the exp income? Increase the exp required to level? NO THEY INCREASE THE MAX LEVEL CAP.

I hope you learned something.

Edited by ZeroByDivide
1 person likes this

An example is to create more titans, and/or increase the max level for each bot/titan. This wouldn't break the balance of the game if more levels are added, and the warp zone is enhanced to have more levels (which will come naturally after adding more levels). 

Since you were honest about the developers needing more income in another thread, Ill tell you another idea. Make a titan that is only available by purchasing with real money. Don't make it too op, but make it strong. Sell the blueprints for cheap. Make it quite weak at level 1, but boosts to be much stronger than juggernaught when maxed. Make some of the parts cost real money to craft/buy. That would make some people buy it, but not many people will go for maxing it, thus not breaking the balance (however paying does and should give players advantage over others, so do make them quite strong even if not maxed).

1 person likes this

If you could, I guess this thread should be moved to feedback&ideas.