Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
arm

Game Interruption Problems (iOS)

9 posts in this topic

[Idk if this is an iOS-only problem but I figured I'd mention the platform I'm playing on.] 

I'm one of those people that has a bunch of alarms set on my phone and I've noticed the game doesn't know how to react when it's interrupted by one. I have 2 examples.

1) When I'm watching an ad to get the 500 metal bonus, the game gets confused as to whether the phone is in portrait or landscape mode and mixes it up. I wish I had taken a screenshot of what it looks like but I completely forgot to :/ I will next time though. Basically what happens is that the game is displayed in portrait mode within landscape mode. However, this issue is fixed by hard-closing the app and rewatching the ad.

2) [Sorry this explanation is long, but I wanted to explain everything that happened in case a dev reads this.] This one is actually a problem because it happens in pvp. I was in the middle of fighting someone (20 points per star and an easy one to beat... finally!) and my alarm rang. I closed the alarm, continued fighting, and I'm happy to report I 3 starred my opponent. However, he had a beserker on the map that was still fighting and since it was level 10 I gave it plenty of time to keep fighting after death. I waited 5 seconds... 10 seconds... 15 seconds! How strong is this thing?? At that point I realized it had glitched and simply wouldn't die. It continued fighting my never ending stream of bots for over 30 seconds (seriously... 30 seconds). The timer reached 0:00 and the fight kept going...and going...and going. I had to abort the fight and I lost out on 60 points. It sucked, but whatever, I'll find another one. I decided to retry fighting him and it gives me the normal +5 reinforments and reduced 18 points per star. I start the fight and the exact same thing happened, which is the most curious part about it...the glitched effect carried over to the next fight. After the 2nd fight, I clicked 'give up' and did a hard-close of the app to reboot it and this solved the problem.

I have videos of both. I can't upload videos here but I'll try to embed the youtube videos or just paste links to them. The 2nd video is differentiated by me holding up 2 of my fingers in the beginning. 

If the arena instance isn't a glitch, then the only other explanation I can think of is that the player I fought has done some sort of hacking so his titan has infinite health. Unfortunately he only had 1 titan on his defense so idk if it's specific to that titan or all titans with that skill (i.e. juggernaut). But I'd like to think it's just a glitch and not foul play :) 

Video 1 

Video 2 

Videos can also be differentiated by the location of my Golem. First video it stays at the bottom and doesn't move. Second video it is near the top.

Edited by arm

I got a picture here of what happens when an alarm rings in the middle of watching an ad. As you can see, the game only plays in portrait mode but it's playing it in landscape. I think it has something to do with the fact that the ad plays in landscape, so the alarm pops up in landscape as well and when it exits the ad it screws with the game.

robocide gltch 3.JPG

Thanks for this! We will look into it!

2 people like this

13 hours ago, KEEF said:

Thanks for this! We will look into it!

I have news on the arena glitch... It's definitely the player. IGN is "loveyang". As I'm typing this I found him in arena and I am once again endlessly fighting his Beserker titan. He's definitely cheating. No alarms went off on my phone or anything.

2 hours ago, arm said:

I have news on the arena glitch... It's definitely the player. IGN is "loveyang". As I'm typing this I found him in arena and I am once again endlessly fighting his Beserker titan. He's definitely cheating. No alarms went off on my phone or anything.

That is unlikely. Considering the format of the pvp, the data defender provides are the defense map index, locations of bases, titans and additional buildings, level of the used bots, titan information and ambush flag, and the current coin value. I don't see any case a player would go super genius insane on a mobile game with a packet editor (especially on iOS) and inject in a hack on their defense - if they do, what most of them will do would be limited to placing titans and turrets in the off-bounds.

It is more likely just a glitch on your phone.

30 minutes ago, ZeroByDivide said:

That is unlikely. Considering the format of the pvp, the data defender provides are the defense map index, locations of bases, titans and additional buildings, level of the used bots, titan information and ambush flag, and the current coin value. I don't see any case a player would go super genius insane on a mobile game with a packet editor (especially on iOS) and inject in a hack on their defense - if they do, what most of them will do would be limited to placing titans and turrets in the off-bounds.

It is more likely just a glitch on your phone.

A glitch with just one player in the entire game? And yes, people do go super genius insane with packet editors on mobile games. It's very common. I highly doubt it has anything to do with my specific phone...

Also, just because I'm using iOS doesn't mean the other guy is too, unless the devs keep iOS and Android separate, which seems unlikely.

I say it is 90% impossible to do the kind of hack you're describing. If he/she has the tools and knowledge to do something of that kind, the first hack that he/she will perform are going to be non-network related hacks, the client-side hacks. If you have studied computer programming, you would know how those games work, and what kind of data the game will exchange with the server. For example the whole battle is performed on the client, without any server responses (however it doesnt mean the server doesnt record your gameplay). If i were the hacker, and i were to hack this game, i would never modify metals, gems, items, or titan equipment/levels. Once the client's value is out of sync with the server side, possible ip ban. I could be able to however cheat in the battles, for example modifying my bots' stats temporarily during battle to make them invincible, nullify the turrets, control the acid clouds, slow down the rockets, etc.

For the hack you've described to work, this has to occur: in my defense system, once my berserker's hp is less than or equal to 0, disable system timer, so that its "stay alive for x sec" stays forever, and the game doesnt end. However unfortunately for that to work, the defense system has to allow a full script coding for the defender, or any way to crash the timer at the right time. If i were the developer, the only values sent from the client to server when defense is saved, would be one byte for the map index, a group of {one byte for entity id (titan, base - multiple types, turret, rocket- 2 types), two bytes for the location of the entity, optional two bytes for titan id and ambush flag if entity id is titan} for the amount of entities in the map. Other values such as coin value and titan stats are retrieved as needed. I don't see any clever way to inject any kind of value to crash on that string, since im sure the devs have done the most basic practice of validation of data.

However from experience the kind of bug you're having occurring on client due to numerous reason is quite frequent. 

Edited by ZeroByDivide

2 hours ago, arm said:

And yes, people do go super genius insane with packet editors on mobile games. It's very common. 

That doesn't sound right at all. It isn't even common for people to use packet editors in the first place (since most of the time you have to make one yourself that goes undetected by the game and the security software; most people stick with memory editing), and also do packet editing on mobile apps would require an extra step of packet redirect proxy. Too much effort to see just bigger numbers on mobile screens.