Sign in to follow this  
arm

Getting 3 stars but still losing pvp

arm    4

So something interest happened to me in pvp today twice today. It always happens when the enemy has either juggernaut or hunter as a defense. I'll go around and do my normal thing and get the 2 or 3 star, and as I'm circling back around to take out the remaining titan it will attack my base with it's dying breathe and destroy it. It shows at the bottom that I got the 3 stars but then once my base is destroyed it ends the fight (which was seconds away from ending anyway) it tells me I've been defeated and I don't get any points :( 

Kind of sucks since I did actually beat it. Is the game supposed to be in favor of the defense? If so, then I guess that's fine. But if it's a true balance then the attacking player should be given the chance to run his course with remaining bots and titans, just as the defender is allowed, instead of the match instantly ending... A true last man standing. If my base is destroyed but my remaining units outlast the defending units, I should win.

Edited by arm

ZeroByDivide    34
2 hours ago, arm said:

Kind of sucks since I did actually beat it. 

it doesnt suck coz you didnt actually beat it

that is the whole and only point of ever putting a hunter in a defense - to nuke your base about the time when you're going lolol i just beat yo ass ez 3 star

arm    4
1 hour ago, ZeroByDivide said:

it doesnt suck coz you didnt actually beat it

that is the whole and only point of ever putting a hunter in a defense - to nuke your base about the time when you're going lolol i just beat yo ass ez 3 star

Ok... Well thanks for your input I guess.

arm    4

I was able to attack you and also got an easy 3 star! A great 51 points added to my rating, thanks.

Cupid Stunt    29

Yea, 

This is one of the main strengths of the hunter and juggernaut as defence. And also why i use them frequently in my defences. I frequently use the tactic you state, such as using a Golem and Valkyrie to freeze the enemy titans and bots, and then backdoor them as i state in my pvp guide. However, this tactic is weak when against hunter and juggernauts for the problem you state. 

A few tips:

`1) Consider how many bots them generate at the start. If they have a large wave, your usual tactic isnt recommended and it is worth considering going for just two stars. 

2) If plausible, kill their bases first then go for the rockets. Be warned however, the rockets take off faster after killing their bases. If possible, just kill one base and then take out the rockets.

3) Consider other titan combinations. I usually take out juggernauts with my beserker or a well placed juggernaut of my own. 

4) Some maps are undoubtedly biased. Consider and be happy with only taking 1 or 2 stars and move onto your next opponent. Lose a battle but win the war. Think long game and be happy to accept occasional losses. 

I hope this helps!

Regards,