Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZeroByDivide

ideas
SP Reset

8 posts in this topic

Currently there is no way to reassign skill points put into titan skills. 

My suggestion is to add an SP Reset coupon that you can buy, either with gems, or even with real money. If it should cost real money, i think it is a good chance to bring up the item sell prices, i guess. Also, imo making the SP Reset only reset 1 SP and selling it for fairly cheap would be a better option than a complete reset of all/one skill and make it expensive. Or why not both and make the all-reset of one titan only cost like 5x~8x of a single point reset.

1 person likes this

I second this request...

i upgraded before getting into Arena and understanding how it all worked and fit together...

i would change now, knowing what I now know

Hi! 

Good idea but most likely will not be implemented. 

It would actually be easier to implement new Titans than reassign skill points and this is because it would mess up the balancing. 

If players would start to reassign skill points, we would lose the control of the game mechanics with the result that very skilled players would rule the 'Robocide World', while casual players would have really hard time levelling up and compete against you guys. 

Hope this explains.

I don't agree there. New titans would be unbalancing the game even more (at least at the beginning). I just don't get your point with experienced/unexperienced players. At the beginning you only get weak enemies anyway. The way it is now though, somebody might have a (dis)advantage, because of wrong skill point usage. Also reassigning wouldn't be an advantage, as you can always check how your enemies assigned their skill points exactly on their titans.

2 people like this

I don't agree with the unbalancing either. Most successful games that have a RPG element, allow skill point redistribution and it doesn't unbalance the games. It actually does the opposite.  PlayRaven is missing out on an opportunity.  It should cost gems which means more profit.

2 people like this

SP reset can not cause unbalance, unless someone finds some exploit from it. Why? Because SP reset does not cause power creep. Even if players find the most effective build for each titan, that build was already possible without SP reset. It's not something new overriding the previous. 

Without SP reset it actually causes unbalance - new players who got advices from other players will have the most effective build, and some others would have like the worst build, because they didn't know how things really worked.

What really causes power creep is new titans being introduced. Like for every RPG game power creep is inevitable, since players want new characters; and thus RPG games don't survive forever.

Edited by ZeroByDivide
1 person likes this

i would be happy to have a new Titan or 3 :)

I agree that this should be in, and it does not cause unbalance, people who find out optimal builds will build them, and everyone else is at a disadvantage.

People can start over and build optimal builds, and everyone else is at a disadvantage.

SP reset allows people to re-balance their current game if they aren't hardcore enough to start over, this allows them to keep up the balance.