Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shogungari

Getting turrets and second titan on defense maps?

14 posts in this topic

I recently got into pvp but i noticed how much better everyone's maps are than mine.  Mostly because of turrets right in front of my base or being able to have two titans instead of one.  How do I gain these for my own map?  I don't see the option in the market and some of these maps were made by people with less ranks than me.

Edited by Shogungari

Commenting for bump and importance.  I need this answer.

At the beginning of every new season, you are given a random map where you can set your defenses. 

This means that some people will have more bases and less Titans, some people will have more Titans and less bases and so on. 
We created this system to add more strategy. 

Hope this helps!
1 person likes this

Please please please take this away, this is awful.  What this means is person A gets to use both the Warmonger AND the Valkyrie (busted combo) while person B just gets more bots.  And I don't care how high level your bots are, double buff Titans win, hands down.

Entropy doesn't encourage creativity or strategy, it crushes it.  Not only from a competitive standpoint, but a beginner as well.  Imagine getting your first map and its basic as hell, and then you play your first Arena match against some dude with more titans than you are allotted AND he's got crystal turrets/poison gas or, hell, even barricades.  What kind of message is that sending to beginners? "Oh well, guess your defense is gonna suck this season" isn't very encouraging. 

Hi Katz,

the matches you are getting are close to your level, but I agree with you that your defenses can play a big part in the season. 

The point of this is that we would like players to use their strategy instead of placing a defense and forget about it. We want to promote attacking and we don't really want players advance just because they have a good defense. 

But anyway, your feedback is very valuable and I am sure our devs are going to look into it!

1 person likes this

Hey Katz,

We try to balance the maps by having more spawn points when you have less Titans. But if you think they're still unbalanced we could try to improve that. What map exactly do you feel it's too easy to beat, could you post a screenshot?

1 person likes this

The first layout I had was 2 spawn, 2 Titans, no turrets. I was perfect defense over 90% of the time

The second layout was 3 spawns and 1 Titan, I was perfect defense all but twice.

It requires you to use a bit of planning and testing on your own setup to try and make the best of what you get.  Hint: set your "freezing" Titans to ambush close to your own spawners ;)

But regardless of how good your defense is, it's my opinion every base is beatable ( maybe not 3-stars but at least the 1 to win )

1 person likes this

I have to agree that Some bases are way harder to beat than others. This one is an example of it. You get bound in place by the turrets at spawn. Either you can try and get an extra star, but i get wiped by the 1.5x spawn base with 2 titans destroying my remaining troops and titans. If i go head on its too much pressure with the turrets so close, not getting trough their wall of bots and 2 titans to take out either his base or turrets. 

image.png

1 hour ago, Arty O Donnell said:

I have to agree that Some bases are way harder to beat than others. This one is an example of it. You get bound in place by the turrets at spawn. Either you can try and get an extra star, but i get wiped by the 1.5x spawn base with 2 titans destroying my remaining troops and titans. If i go head on its too much pressure with the turrets so close, not getting trough their wall of bots and 2 titans to take out either his base or turrets. 

image.png

That one isn't so bad, group your boys right by your base, wait for enemy boys to come close, then drop your golum to freeze them.  Then move your bots straight up to get both rockets, as they are moving drop a ripper to do drop dmg on the enemies to hold them back.  Once rockets are broken, bring your force straight down to destroy the base ( time it after they spawn )

This should get you 3 stars

2 people like this

See image below to illustrate the strategy.

I am willing to bet the enemy golum is to the left of your base between the two turrets.

If they actually put the golum north of your base, then you would have to go at a diagonal between the two turrets up to get to the rockets.

image_thumb_png_910b3188261a988e8a07b1cc98b7effb.png

1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, Bot said:

See image below to illustrate the strategy.

I am willing to bet the enemy golum is to the left of your base between the two turrets.

If they actually put the golum north of your base, then you would have to go at a diagonal between the two turrets up to get to the rockets.

image_thumb_png_910b3188261a988e8a07b1cc98b7effb.png

That actually worked, thanks for the tip!

2 people like this

8 hours ago, Tiago said:

Hey Katz,

We try to balance the maps by having more spawn points when you have less Titans. But if you think they're still unbalanced we could try to improve that. What map exactly do you feel it's too easy to beat, could you post a screenshot?

I think three turrets is excessive, especially when you are allowed to set them super close to each other.  Having all three of them overlap into a "kill zone" almost as large as their entire area of effect is just brutally difficult.  I'm not saying take away a third turret, just set their spawn size larger so they can't clump up.  I also think there needs to be a better balancing option for having only one Titan on your map.  As I said originally, having one Titan is a pretty hard thing to defend with when your opponent gets to attack you with two.  Perhaps the attack should be modified to allow the same number of Titans as the defending player has?  Not sure how the balance should work, but I just think one Titan is not enough.  My first season I had one titan and no turrets or other defensive structures, and this season I have two titans AND two poison swamps, which is an insanely easier area to defend.  

TL;DR there should be less variance with regards to how much power you have on the defense.

1 person likes this

Or maybe we get to choose based on "x" amount of defense points.

Something like 100x level

1 Titan = 100 points

1 spawner = 100 points, +5 per bot 

1 turret = 100 points

So at lv 10 I have 1k points

- 200 spent on 2 titans

- 200 spent on 2 spawners

- 600 spent setting both spawners to 60

1 person likes this

I definitely like that.  Warhammer has been doing well for a while, so maybe there's something to it haha

2 people like this