Sign in to follow this  
Cupid Stunt

Titan Tier List - Great for Newbies

Cupid Stunt    29

Hey guys, after playing the game for a few weeks now and got to grips with the hang of it, i've decided to create a Titan Tier List and combo list for a couple of reasons:

1) It's great for newbies which to know which Titans to invest in first / biggest bang for their buck. P.S. buy whatever comes first in the store, just save your items in your inventory until you get the Titans you want. Level your bots in the meantime. 

2) Good for the developers and keep an eye on balancing

3) Who doesn't love a good debate?!

Lastly, Disclaimer: I am still only level 18. This Tier list is to be taken with a pinch of salt. It is a result of how useful the Titans are individually in PvP, Warp Zone, StarMap and as a combo. Combinations are what i found to be my most used. Therefore the more verstile the combos have proven themselves a higher value. These combos vary on the map and other variables. This Tier list is subject to change.

Solo Titans:

Tier 1:

• Golem:
    • PVP: the golem is hands down my favourite and most used Titan. Partly because it remains me of Mr Freeze from batman. I do picture this Titan having Schwarzeneggers voice. When i drop him i'm like: "Everybody Chill!". I digress, Golems EMP Ray and bomb is so useful and versatile it proves beneficial in 90% of situations. Stop the bots in their tracks? EMP. Defend your base? EMP. Prevent enemy Titan skills? EMP. The list goes on. Not to mention it's high hp for defence, high aoe damage. It's weakness is that it's slow. However the majority of the time, once i've used EMP bomb and Ray, i know whether i've won or lost the game anyway.
    • Warp Zone: Golems versatility and tankiness carries on through into Warp Zone, but use it with a bit more caution. It's not as tanky as Juggernaut and can wear down fast. Works particularly well with Valkyrie's EMP.
    • StarMap: Honestly, nothing more to say, Golem is 
  • Juggernaut:
    • PVP: This monster is No.2 because it's is just an absolute tank. Has a ton of hp and regen's it too. It's hard to get rid off and poses a large threat to your titans due to its overdrive skill. It hits like a truck (or titan?). It's skills aren't amazing, but block rain can come in handy, has some utility on a few maps and does moderate damage. 
    • Warp Zone: Masses of hp, regen and aoe basic attack. Perfect endurance to go the extra mile and get you that metal!. Need i say more?
    • StarMap: Not so helpful on StarMap, its HP and regen goes to waste as it's a all or nothing map and the bots can just ignore him.   
  • Hunter:
    • PVP: Got some pesky Titans to take down? Then call in the Hunter. Find the Titan you want to take down, put it just out of the other Titans range thanks to the hunters extended range skill and watch the opponent burn. Hunter's Decoy deals tons of damage to the opponents Titan and bots - drawing them in like moths to a flame. Lastly, he can take a lot of hits too, so good for defending your base and usually wins battles against other titans (except the Juggernaut).
    • Warp Zone: Not as handy in the Warp Zone. Hunter makes a good last stand defender. But usually gets overwhelmed in the later levels, too occupied by the bots and is difficult to take out titans. I prefer Juggernaut over Hunter in this instance. 
    • StarMap: Hunter Regains it's status here for the exact same reasons on PVP, it's versatile and great at controlling the map with its Decoy. "oh, what's that enemy bots, you want to head towards my base? think again douche-bags!"

Tier 2:

• Butcher: 
    • PVP: Butcher isn't overly helpful in PVP. It's 
    • Warp Zone: This is the reason why Butcher gets a one up over Berserker. I personally value Warp Zone slightly higher than PVP and I find turrets much more of a pain in the rear end than the acid clouds. Luckily, butcher ignores them. Plus it's the tankiest of the close quarter fighters thanks to it's HP and shield. It does reasonable damage too.
    • StarMap
  • Berserker
    • PVP: Aside from the fact it looks the most bad-ass and deals the most damage. Its Acid immunity proves useful. It can be tricky to use however and isn't the most reliable. A high risk high reward sort of Titan. Thanks to it's Overdrive, insane damage and Shrapnel Drop can deal a lot of harm in a short amount of time. It's frequently taken out two Titans by itself for me. However, it's biggest flaw is us. Human error. Misjudge when/where to use it and watch it blow up doing no help at all.
    • Warp Zone: Beserker does come a close second to Butcher, because some maps have a ridiculous amount of acid on them. Seriously, i start hallucinating after playing some maps. But fragile and usually only lasts one or two levels.
    • StarMap: Same reasoning as PVP. Nothing more to add. 
  • Valkyrie:
    • PVP: Has great synergy with the Golem and good for defending your base while you go sidetrack and plow through their back doors (pun intended). Or when they try and sidestep your bots, hold them in place to buy your rockets a bit more time.   
    • Warp Zone: It's synergy starts to wear off and becomes vulnerable on later maps however due to it's lack of immunity to anything.
    • StarMap: Can work well with the warmonger on a very few select maps. Very circumstantial. usually long term maps where you can sidestep or backdoor. 

Tier 3, to save you time i've just done a quick summary:

• Ripper: Can work well in a combo, depending on the map. Weak to turret, acid and can take around two hits from a bot before it breaks. 
  • Warmonger: Honestly for the cost and effort to get this guy, not totally worth it in my eyes. It's Regen is obsolete because it runs away from damage. And if it does get caught out it dies in an instant.  It's shield is also pretty useless for the same reason. It only has a single attack against bots and it's Rage only makes an impact on very long term maps where you can't dodge (some of the later levels of Warp Zone and StarMap - but your bots level make the biggest difference). Save your gems if you can. 
  • Like 2

Cupid Stunt    29

Titan Combos

Tier 1:

• Golem, Valkyrie: Simple, side step your bots, avert the enemy bots. Let the enemy bots hit your base a little, freeze them for 10 Sec +. Your base spawns more bots to protect it. GG. You're welcome. 
  • Golem, Hunter: Golem Tanks, Hunter kills. E.Z.
  • Berserker, Ripper: Let them cluster up and....BOOM. They're gone. oh wait, more have come? BOOM again!. *hysterical laughing*. Extremely effective for close quarter maps or large wave enemy bases. Finish the map quick however or they'll finish you. Also: missions = GEMS.
  • Juggernaut, Hunter: For the times when your base is surrounded and you can't side step the enemy. Hit them head on with these two babies. Beserker, ripper isn't quite as good alternative as the enemy is so spread around you. 

Tier 2:

• Golem, Juggernaut: Also, for the times when your base is surrounded and you can't side step the enemy. Just with less damage and bot manipulation.
  • Juggernaut, Berserker: Got acid? No problem.
  • Butcher, Hunter: Got turrets? No problem.
  • Valkyrie, Warmonger: Because some maps force use to use these Titans. Usually when you have to fight head on with enemy. Or to complete the mission. 

Tier 3:

• Ripper, Butcher. When the game is too easy.
  • Ripper, Valkyrie. When you want a map to take 3 hours to finish.
  • aaand the rest of the potential combos i can't be arsed to write/think of. Unforeseen combos welcome. 

So that's it! I hope it's an enjoyable read and proves helpful to your cause. Stay cool and kick some ice.

Katz    30

You severely underestimate the power of Warmonger.  You know that "Tier One" strat of EMP the big wave of dudes?  Yeah, sorry, I just raged them all unfrozen.  Bye-bye base.

• Like 1

Cupid Stunt    29

Katz, you make a great point.

You highlight a good example of how there is a strength and weakness to all tactics and Titans.

However your example is on a very limited circumstance, plus i find the rage skill lackluster compared to the overall damage other Titans can inflict. 

Lastly, even if Rage was more effective, its other skills and stats are useless. Unless you provide a more constructive arguement Warmonger is staying at the bot.

thanks for your comment! 

KEEF    96

Wow! This is great and everybody in the company was amazed by this thread! 

Keep it going!

• Like 1

Cupid Stunt    29

Thanks for your kind words Keef, glad to contribute the community.

i must ask however i would like to make some altercations, but can't seem to edit it. How do i get about that? 

Katz    30
3 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Thanks for your kind words Keef, glad to contribute the community.

i must ask however i would like to make some altercations, but can't seem to edit it. How do i get about that? 

I second this request, I would like to take down a couple posts I have made which are no longer relevant, but can't seem to find any tabs or tools to do so.  How do we edit/delete posts?

Katz    30
8 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Katz, you make a great point.

You highlight a good example of how there is a strength and weakness to all tactics and Titans.

However your example is on a very limited circumstance, plus i find the rage skill lackluster compared to the overall damage other Titans can inflict. 

Lastly, even if Rage was more effective, its other skills and stats are useless. Unless you provide a more constructive arguement Warmonger is staying at the bot.

thanks for your comment! 

Constructive, got it.  How about point by point?

"Honestly for the cost and effort to get this guy, not totally worth it in my eyes. "
--That's fair, but we're not here to argue opinions.

"It's Regen is obsolete because it runs away from damage."
--So the fact it actually has 150% health is worthless?  C'mon man, you'd die for a Golem with that. More on how this isn't useless later.

"And if it does get caught out it dies in an instant. " 
--Not true.  While most of the time it will die rather quickly when completely surrounded (why the hell are you deploying it in the middle of their troops?), if you use it as a stop-gap between, say, your base and an enemy wave, or your bots and theirs, it only has to live through 3-5 bot attacks, which its regeneration helps with, along with the fact that, as far as I know, it prioritizes converting units which are an immediate threat.  This creates a buffer zone, thus protecting it.  This works because the current programming of the bots prioritizes attacking enemy units before buildings.

"It's shield is also pretty useless for the same reason. "
--On top of the fact that it can be used as a buffer as mentioned above, it can also be a very large and long-lasting decoy if needed.  I have used the Warmonger several times to distract a fresh wave (usually just the small ones) until my bots get done on a rocket or whatever and can come deal with the wave (see above about priority of attacks).  The shield gives you, what, 9 seconds? plus the aforementioned 150% health, combined with the above sited "buffer zone" of converted bots, all comes together to make a very nice road block, or perhaps just a much-needed speed bump.

"It only has a single attack against bots"
--I'm confused why you think the Valkyrie's attack makes it worth it but the Warmonger's doesn't.  Or are you only taking into account the Valkyrie's EMP drop effect when considering their efficacy? (I would ask if you thought the Valkyrie was better because of its reanimate effect, but you NEVER mentioned it in your Tier system, which is mind boggling because it's current reanimate levels are pants-on-head retarded and should probably be nerfed) You might be reminded that, sometimes, this game, and others like it, are all about hyper-micro strategies.  There have been times where 2 bots made the difference.  And when everyone's bots are maxed, you need every edge you can get.  Conversion and buffs are the only way to accomplish this currently, and the Warmonger has both.  So lets talk about the buff now, since you don't need to be convinced of the Valkyrie's efficacy when it comes to conversion.

"and it's Rage only makes an impact on very long term maps where you can't dodge"
--Let's ignore this flippant dismissal and actually list all the benefits of the Rage ability:
-> In a world where everyone is lvl30, you need a way to make your bots artificially better, or their bots artificially worse.  Rage does this by boosting your bots speed and damage (and maybe damage resistance?  don't quote me on that)
-> As for "making your opponents bots worse", most people go with the EMP 
option, and rightly so.  an 8+ second stun can make the difference in a very close fight.  But what if your opponent is relying on that?  What if they "dodge" your wave and EMP with a Golem or Valkyrie drop?  They have one titan between their base and maybe 15-25 of your bots.  So just Rage them out of it.  They're going to have about 5-10 seconds before their next wave comes, and even just 5-8 bots can take down even a hacked base in that time.
->What if you're on a crunch?  What if you KNOW you need to get your "dodge wave" back to the main fight before bad things happen, but you still want that sweet 3-star victory? How about rage them for speed and damage boosts so they take those rockets down faster and get back before the next spawn wave, or before your opponents bots have a chance to deliver those little blue pixels of live-giving joy?  Sounds good to me, and I have actually done this several times.  It works, trust me.
-> Finally, we come to the one point you DID manage to list, which is the grinder map.  Sometimes, you're only getting one or two stars.  But hey, 20 ladder points is better than a wasted attack, right?  So you need to just keep pushing stubbornly until you finally tip the tides in your favor and can push back.  Get your Rage on.

I hope this has been educational for you and anyone else reading.  Don't make the mistake most new players make and think it's about "all damage all the time".  Sometimes RTS and the like require finesse, sometimes they require a less-direct approach.  It's not always about kicking in the front door with two slashers with their (albeit impressive) drop damage and line nukes.  

• Like 1

Cupid Stunt    29

That's a great post Katz and has certainly giving me some food for thought. 

Unfortunately i'm away for two weeks so won't be able to respond properly. Secondly we can't currently edit posts anyway! 

Regards,

Edited by Cupid Stunt

Leyline    0

I am a newb, and I found this extremely helpful, confirms some suspicions I had, and also helps me plan better.  I wish I hadn't wasted on the ripper but he was my 1st titan so I needed to do something with him to grind out the rest.